Monday, February 24, 2014

"Make something out of something else"

In order to make something out of something else, I first wanted to "see" something out of something else. I pondered humanity's goggles that only see what the world can do for them, constantly calculating what nature can provide of their needs. Instead of seeing trees, we see lumber, paper, wood chips in playgrounds, a campfire. Once the damage is done, we cannot simply give back to nature, merely take and process. An reversible action. 

My idea is simple. Make a natural shape out of the unnatural result of human interaction.
 Thus far I've settled on a sheep made of socks.



Most of the work this weekend however has been on detailing my first 3d model. I have added the neon lighting to the mesh, working on making it continuous and manifold then will send off to Dillon.

No comments:

Post a Comment